Building Permits

A Building Permit is separate from a Development Permit. A Building Permit refers to building construction and compliance with the National Building Code of Canada. Every application for a Development Permit to construct, erect, place, alter, repair, renovate or reconstruct a building also requires the submission of a Building Permit. All construction, demolition, or relocation of buildings within the R.M. of Corman Park is governed by the Municipal Building Bylaw.

The Municipal Building Bylaw requires that any non-agricultural construction equal to, or in excess of 100 square feet and any agricultural building construction equal to, or in excess of 500 square feet shall require the submission of a Building Permit Application Form prior to commencing construction.

The R.M.'s appointed Building Official is MuniCode Services Ltd. Building inspection services are provided by MuniCode during construction for all non-agricultural buildings. An inspection schedule will be provided with your Development Permit. Visit MuniCode's website for more information.

A list of frequently requested numbers including the Planning Department, MuniCode and various service and utility providers can be found on the Before You Build document.

Building Permit Fees

A standard Development Permit application fee of $125 is required for all applications unless otherwise specified.

The following Building Permit fees are applicable in addition to any Development Permit Fees:
  • Agricultural Building Permit: no charge however a Development Permit for a Permitted Use is required
  • Building Relocation Permit: $250 plus applicable fees
  • Building Removal or Demolition Permit: $10 plus applicable deposit
  • Commercial/Industrial Building Permit: $5 per $1,000 in construction value*
  • Minor Variance: $125
  • Residential Building Permit: $5 per $1,000 in construction value*
*Minimum fee of $100 applies

Double Permit Fees

Where work for which a permit is required has commenced prior to the issuance of such permit, an additional fee shall be paid in an amount equal to 100% of the permit fee or $10,000.00, whichever is less.

Development Permit Applications

Development Permit Applications must be completed in full, including one (1) set of legible 11x17 or smaller paper construction drawings or a digital set of plans (submitted on USB or emailed to  

Building Permit Application Requirements

Applications can be broken into the following categories, please click on the relevant link below for more information:

Building Permit Time Frames

A Building Permit typically takes 3-4 weeks to be issued depending on if additional information will be required. However, at times of high application volumes, an application review may take 4-6 weeks to process. Please ensure you are providing yourself ample time prior to when you want to begin construction for approval. Contact the Planning Department anytime for an update on current approval timeframes.

Energy Compliance, 2019

As of January 1, 2019, the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings (NECB) 2017 Edition and Section 9.36. of the National Building Code of Canada 2015 (NBC Section 9.36.) is enforced within Saskatchewan. All new construction is required to conform to the energy requirements as per the NECB and the NBC Section 9.36. The R.M. of Corman Park is within Climate Zone 7A and all new development is required to conform to the energy requirements for Climate Zone 7A.

Please refer to the Required Forms for Energy Compliance Information Sheet to determine what forms are required for the development you are seeking to pursue. Please ensure you are aware of the proposed occupancy classification as this will determine what forms are required to be submitted with the Development and Building Permit Application form. 

Additional NECB compliance information can be found HERE.
All forms can be found at the Municode Services Ltd. web page or by clicking HERE.

Questions regarding Energy compliance can be directed to Municode Services Ltd. by calling their office at 306-955-6355 or visiting their website at


Plumbing and Septic/Sewage

If you propose to install or modify a sewage disposal or plumbing system, you must obtain a permit from the Saskatchewan Health Authority prior to the issuance of a building permit. The septic/sewage approval is to be provided to the R.M. of Corman Park for the building permit to be issued.

Plumbing and Septic/Sewage Application Information on the Saskatchewan Health Authority Website

Please note that application to the Saskatchewan Health Authority, and instillation, must be completed by a professional septic specialist, and must conform to the current Saskatchewan Onsite Wastewater Disposal Guide (SOWDG); found HERE.

Installers requiring additional education regarding these requirements may contact the Saskatchewan Onsite Wastewater Management Association for additional training information. 

For additional information related to Plumbing and Sewage, please visit the Ministry of Health - Plumbing and Sewage page for additional information.

For any additional questions, please see the FAQs here.