Building Relocation

A permit is required when a building is being relocated within a property, relocated to a new property within Corman Park or being relocated onto your property from outside of Corman Park (i.e. from another municipality). The building must be inspected prior to it being moved to determine whether or not the structure is suitable to be relocated. 

Building Relocation Process Overview

  1. Contact the Planning Department to confirm the property is eligible for a Building Relocation Permit.
  2. Submit the Building Relocation Application Form.
  3. The building is inspected and a report is issued indicating whether or not it can be relocated.  
  4. If the building is suitable to be relocated, the building relocation permit application will be processed. If the building cannot be relocated a denial will be issued. 
  5. Permits may be issued subject to addressing any remedial measures identified in the plan review.
  6. After the permits have been issued for the relocation and replacement of the building, as well as the construction of the foundation, the applicant is responsible for contacting MuniCode Services Ltd. to arrange for all required inspections.
Please note pre-move inspections are not required for the placement of new Ready-to-Move Home (RTM) or mobile homes; only a building permit is required in this case.