What is a rezoning?
A "rezoning" means to change the zoning of a property, for example from agricultural to industrial. A bylaw amendment to the applicable Zoning Bylaw is required to facilitate this change.

A rezoning approval is often required to subdivide and develop residential, commercial and industrial parcels within Corman Park. Typically, a rezoning is required because the current Zoning District does not allow for the proposed development or there is a conflict with the proposed land use, parcel size or other regulation. Usually the applicant or landowner initiates the rezoning to support their proposal, but in some cases, the Planning Department will initiate or recommend a rezoning.Click for More Info on the Rezoning Process

Show All Answers

1. What is a rezoning?
2. How do I apply for a rezoning?
3. What is a subdivision?
4. How do I apply for a subdivision?
5. Are subdivision and rezoning the same thing?
6. What is a parcel tie? What does it mean if my parcels of land are tied together?
7. How do I remove my parcel ties?
8. What is a Basic Development Review (BDR)?
9. What is a Comprehensive Development Review (CDR)?