Commercial/Industrial Building Permit Application Requirements
The following is required in order to make an application:
- A completed Application Form
- Submission of any supplementary information if necessary
- A copy of a scaled site plan
- Applications proposing commercial or industrial construction must include one (1) set of 11"x17" or smaller paper construction drawings or digital set of plans (USB or emailed to email@example.com). All commercial and industrial construction shall require drawings to be stamped by an architect or engineer licensed to practice in Saskatchewan, all drawings should:
- Show the owner’s name, project name and date.
- Be drawn to scale and the scale should be noted.
- Be black line or blue prints on good quality paper.
- Include legible letters and dimensions.
- Where required an architect’s or engineer’s stamp shall be included.
- Clearly show the location of existing and new construction for additions, alterations and renovations.
- Include a Foundation Plan providing the overall size of the foundation, size and location of footings, piles, foundation walls, size and openings for doors and windows and foundation drainage.
- Include a Floor Plan including size and location of interior and exterior walls, exits, fire separations, doors (including swings and hardware), stairs, windows, barrier free entrances and washrooms and built-in furnishings.
- Include a Structural Plan including the size, material and location of columns, beams, joists, studs, rafters, trusses, masonry walls, poured in place and precast concrete walls and floors and related structural details.
- Include an Elevation Plan illustrating views of all sides of the building, height of finished grade, exterior finishing materials, size and location of exterior doors and windows and location of chimneys.
- If different from the applicant, the owner of the property must also sign the application form or provide a letter of consent for the application to be processed.
- The R.M. reserves the right to require any additional information deemed necessary to ensure that proposed construction meets Municipal Standards, National Building Code Standards and The Uniform Building and Accessibility Standards Act.
Commercial/Industrial Landscape Plan Guidelines - Provide direction for commercial and industrial site development intended to assist landscape professionals, developers and contractors in preparing landscape plans.